Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not Quite Uncle John's

Sarah and I decided to take the kiddies to a pumpkin patch on Friday. I can't believe this post is so timely. That really is only because I brought the camera with a dead battery AGAIN and Sarah took these picture for me and then emailed them to me, which meant I didn't have to get around to uploading the pictures myself. In Michigan, there is place called Uncle John's Cider Mill where they have cider, duh, and a pumpkin patch. I was hoping this would be similar, but alas it wasn't quite up to par and I found myself really wishing I was in Michigan. The whole time we were there all I could think about was the awesome cider and donuts I could be having at Uncle John's and it kind of made it hard for my to fully appreciate this pumpkin patch. However, it was not a complete bust. EZ had a blast, since he isn't teased by the memories of delicious cider and donuts and since they had animals. He just gets so stoked to see horsies and goats and so forth. This place had a llama as well and EZ kept saying "humm humm" to it because again that is what the llama says on Diego. We really need to cut back on that show. So here are some pics of the fun. Thanks Sarah for bailing me out.

Enjoying the hayride to the overcrowded playground. There was a huge field trip that day. Not the most ideal situation.

EZ and pumpkins of course.

EZ feeding the goats. I love watching him get over his wimpiness. He was really proud that he touched the goat.

Ice cream treat on the way home. Pure joy.

3 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Is it so lame of us that we went to Uncle John's Cider Mill for the first time this past weekend....in the six years that we've been living here! It was a lot of fun but it was super cold and windy. It looks like it was warmer at your pumpkin patch so there's good and bad on both sides!

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

We went to Uncle John's this past weekend and it was freezing!! I think I would rather of been there. EZ looked so funny trying to touch the animals. Can't wait to see what they're going to be for Halloween.

Sarah said...

So EZ is afraid of Neville, a 12 pound fluff ball, but not a big ass llama?!?!!? I think your kid has issues.