Monday, November 3, 2008

Ward Halloween Party

This year Halloween started off a week early with our ward's halloween party on the 25th. There were games for the kid's followed by a trunk or treat. EZ didn't really understand the whole trick or treat thing. He definitely liked getting candy, but he wasn't too excited about having to go near people to ask for it. Most of the time he would stand way far away and I would get the candy and hand it to him. Some people tried to get him to come closer, but waving the candy for him to see and I have to admit I started to get weirded out a little thinking about people trying to lure EZ towards them with candy. After that I wasn't annoyed that EZ wouldn't say trick or treat, since there is definitely some benefit to him to being leary of strangers.
Buzz Lightyear
To Infinity and Beyond!
Our princess Netta

In January, John found this Buzz Lightyear costume at the Disney store in Vegas for $5. Of course he couldn't pass up a deal that good, but the funny thing is we don't own toy story and for the longest time EZ had no idea about Buzz. Finally, about a month ago, EZ watched toy story at someone's house and we realized we have a book with Buzz in it so we have been trying to drill that into his head. It worked and he was really excited to wear his costume. We did our best to put together Woody and Jessie costumes at the last minute. I think we did a pretty good job.
On a none halloween note, EZ and Briton recently got in trouble in nursery for kissing in the corner. I couldn't stop laughing when I found out. Earlier this week I told one of the nursery workers how much EZ loved Briton and she seemed surprised. Apparently she hadn't seen anything in nursery to make her think they liked each other, but I bet she believes me now!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You should have dressed netta up as bo peep!

Ryan and Bethany said...

Cute family! Love the Toy Story theme!

Aubreydoll said...

I love the costumes! And that kissing story is hilarious!!