Friday, October 3, 2008

I HATE Chickering Health Insurance

In Michigan we had Chickering health insurance through MSU for a semester and they are driving me crazy. I had to pay $1500 for one semester of coverage so you think the least they could do was pay my claims but no I am still getting bills from two different services performed in November!!! I apologize to anyone reading this who heard me conmplain over the last couple of months, but I am still dealing with the same claims as before. It is so frickin ridiculous. So just the other day I got a bill and when I called the lab they said my insurance had not paid yet because they were waiting for me to respond about some previous conditions, which I did in January and then again in March, because the idiots lost the first letter I sent. So I call Chickering already annoyed and then the girl says "oh yeah we had everything we needed in May, but our system isn't automated so someone had to notice it to reprocess it." Are you frickin kidding me? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Isn't that what I paid so much money for them to do? And we aren't even talking about big claims. More like $200. So then I call the lab back to let them know what is going on and I asked out of curiosity when exactly the insurance had said I was still missing previous information and they had said that on September 5th. I get so mad just thinking about it. How on September 5th could they tell the lab they were missing information they had had since May!! Didn't someone check my file before they told the lab that? I should have just gone without insurance. It would have saved me money and hours on the phone. So yeah for those who have spouses at MSU do not pay Chickering a dime. They suck beyond all possible suckiness and they are just ripping you off.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Yeah, my husband had Chickering last year here at UVA, and he paid a buttload and never, ever, used the silly thing. So annoying. On another note, we've gotten Anthem this year because it's cheaper than Chickering, but it took over a month for them to "process" our application (we're healthy people!), and then when we finally got the thing saying we were approved, our broker had added on supplemental coverage that we didn't want and had not put on some of the essential coverage. I hate insurance.