Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Now and Then Part 2

Oddly enough we have another set of friends from Michigan here in Texas with us. This goes all the way back to my sophomore year at BYU. Ruth and I were roommates and friends with a group of guys, which included Gavin, and of course since I mentioned these two, they later got married and after finishing their undergrad degrees moved to Ann Arbor Michigan for Gavin's law degree. A year later John and I followed for my job at Michigan State. (Somehow we managed to survive the Michigan vs Michigan State rivalry. Like I really care. Ha!) A couple of days after arriving in Michigan, Ruth told me she was pregnant then 3 months later I gave her the same announcement about myself. Her son Caden was born the beginning of March and EZ followed at the end of May.
Here is a pic of EZ and Caden when Caden was about 9 months old and EZ about 6 months . As you can see EZ had a little weight over Caden despite the age difference. Well after 2 years together in Michigan, Gavin accepted a job in Dallas and then that same summer John had his internship in Austin, so we weren't apart for long. Of course we had to return to Michigan after the summer, but voila we returned to Austin a year later. We went up to Dallas about a week and a half ago and got to see those guys again and how the kiddies had changed. Here is a pic of Caden and EZ at the zoo. (More pics of the zoo trip to follow).

Oh and of course also during that year apart I got pregnant with Netta and Ruth got pregnant with her little girl Brynlee. This time I got pregnant 3 months before Ruth, so you would assume my daughter would be quite a bit bigger since EZ is still a little bit bigger than Caden, and you would be right! Here is a picture of the girls hanging out. I guess all my kids are going to be huge and all of Ruth's are going to be skinny.

3 comments:

Maile said...

So cute! One of my favorite pictures from when Asher was a baby is him next to EZ with his mouth open looking like he's trying to take a bite out of EZ.

For some reason my bloglines account is not recognizing that you've been writing new posts. Any ideas why?

Johanna said...

I have no idea. I have friends who use google reader and that seems to work. Sorry about that.

Cynthia said...

Ah, I am so jealous you and Ruth got to hang out. That is pretty cool you both have two kids, boy then girl, really close in age.