Monday, October 20, 2008

Hairy Man Festival

In Round Rock there is a Hairy Man Festival every year. I don't remember the whole story, but basically there is the legend of some boy raised by wolves who was really hairy when someone found him. So they celebrate hairiness and have a contest to find the hairiest man and help local organizations raise money through activity booths. One of the activities was a petting zoo. EZ loves animals, but usually from afar. Anyone with pets who has had us over knows that EZ gets all excited to see the dogs and such until they try to get close to him. Then he just freaks out and cries. So at first we just stood outside the petting zoo, but EZ seemed really excited about the horse so we thought we would check it out. Much to my surprise EZ actually touched the horse. He probably didn't pick the best end to stand by, but hey at least he touched it.
We went to the festival my friend Katie and her daughters Briton and Amelia. Briton is 3 years old and the love of EZ's life. EZ doesn't really like the girls his age in nursery and he seems to be attracted to Briton's maturity I guess. She finds his boyish charm amusing. Anyway here is a picture of her petting the cutest little pig.

After seeing how much EZ loved petting the horse we decided to give the pony rides a try. I was even more hesitant about this sense he barely enjoys carosel rides, but again EZ proved me wrong and had a blast. It was all he could talk about for days.

I loves this shot of EZ's hair blowing in the wind and in this next one I have no idea what his gesture means, but I love it as well.

No comments: