Sunday, January 18, 2009

What Is He Talking About?

EZ is not always that easy to understand. His girlfriend Briton, who is a year older than him, asked me "Why does EZ talk so funny?" and many other people have asked me "Do you understand what he is saying?". Sometimes I have no idea what he is talking about, but I have found that if I try to reflect on what tv shows he watched that morning then I have some clue into what he could be talking about and usually I can piece it together in the end. Lately, he loves to yell "That's it!". Sometimes it's when he is mad at me and other times it's just totally out of the blue. I noticed he started doing it over Christmas break and at first I thought "Is he really saying 'that's it'?" and then once I was sure he was I thought, "I don't say that when I get mad. Where the heck did he get that?". It was actually kind of embarrassing because it makes it seem like I yell that at him all the time. So finally it dawned on me that he was getting it from his favorite movie as of late. Any guesses? It's from Charlie Brown's Christmas when Lucy is trying to figure out what Charlie is afraid of and then when she says "the fear of everything" he yells "That's it!". I should have known right away since EZ watched that movie everyday up till Christmas and than at least twice a day at my parents' house (with the help of Grandpa Steve of course). Well then on the way home he started picking up pieces of paper and pretending to read them and then yell "First Prize?!". It took me quite a while just to figure out that he was saying "First prize" since he was yelling it like a crazy person and then I realized that was yet another Charlie Brown's Christmas reference. You know Snoopy is all into decorating his house and then Charlie walks by after being rejected because of his poor tree choice and finds a ribbon on Snoopy's house that says "First Prize" and Charlie isn't all that happy about it. Anyway, so the moral of the story is, if you want to figure out what EZ is talking about chances are it comes from whatever movie or show he is obsessed with as of late.

3 comments:

candice said...

That is really funny. Eden is just starting to put things together stringing thoughts into words. I love watching her make the connections. You may be past that point :)

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

I love hearing stories about EZ, he's so funny! Is he still really into the guitar hero..."rock n roll"?

Johanna said...

Oh yes he is still mind blowingly obsessed with guitar hero and the song slow ride.