Friday, January 9, 2009

Grandpa Steve

EZ absolutely loves his Grandpa Steve and had a blast at my parents house over break. (He used to be referred to as Bumpa Steve, but EZ has finally figured out how to say it correctly. I am not sure if I am happy about that or not.) Anytime my dad left the house EZ would stand by the window like a puppy and wait for him to come home and whenever he wanted my dad to play with him he would say "Come on Grandpa Steve. Let's Go". It was so cute and I know my dad also loved having EZ around. He loved EZ so much that he had a hard time telling him no.

Exhibit A: EZ's pack n play was in my parents room and one night my day went up to go to bed and there was EZ still awake. He stood up and said "downstairs" so even though it was like 11:00pm my dad brought him down and let him play a little longer. They went back upstairs and some of us stayed up talking. At about 12:30 all of a sudden I see EZ run by me and my dad following behind. According to my dad EZ had escaped. But EZ can't get out of the pack n play so how did he escape? Well Grandpa let him sleep in the "big bed" with him and when Grandpa finally dozed off EZ made a break for it.

Exhibit B: EZ came to me and asked to watch Charlie Brown Christmas but we were watching something else and I told him he had to wait. So he responded by asking "Where is Grandpa Steve?" and then took off looking for my dad, who sure enough turned on the movie for him in another room. From then on anytime I told him no he would ask "Where is Grandpa Steve?".

Even though EZ got a bit spoiled, it was great to see him have so much fun and we can't wait till my parents come to visit us, so EZ can have his playmate back.

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

That is so cute! I bet your dad loved having him there!
Bauer totally caught on to the "asking someone else when Mom says no" thing. He would just go ask one of his aunts!

rachel said...

Ha! Good luck unspoiling your child over the next couple weeks. Grandparents can undo so much in such a short period of time.