Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Everybody Loves Baby Food

Netta was giving me a hard time about eating her vegetables and I was afraid I had ruined her by letting her have fruit too early, but lately just by mixing in some rice cereal with the veggies we have got her back on track. She now eats three solid meals, some snacks, and nurses three times a day. I have mixed feelings about solid foods. I love the freedom it gives me to leave Netta with other people, but at the same time sometimes it is easier and faster for me to nurse her than to feed her and let's be honest nursing poop is so much nicer than solid food poop. (If indeed poop can be nice.) So here is a recent pic of her after eating. I feel bad for her because as you can see it's hard to tell where the snot ends and the food begins. I am pretty sure she has allergies since she has been dripping snot ever since we got back to Austin with no other signs of illness. Poor girl. I had allergies when I was little and my mom referred to me as booger queen, a nickname I hate to this day, but I have actually found myself referring to Netta as it. Oops.

For some reason EZ has found a new love of baby food. Whenever I am feeding Netta he always wants me to give him some. I'll admit that the fruit is really yummy and I will sneak a little bit of that every once in a while, but everything else is gross and he seems to like it no matter what it is. The other night he refused to eat his dinner and I didn't want him to go to bed having just eaten goldfish or something so I was trying to think of what to give him and I remembered that we had some chicken noodle baby food. Now that stuff is really sick and the smell is enough to make me ill, but I thought hey let's give it a try and he LOVED it. Note in the picture that he is not wearing a shirt, but he is wearing shoes. He insists on wearing shoes at all times and the last couple days has been begging to run around shirtless for some reason. Who knows what goes on in his head.

You may have also noticed that EZ's hair is not quite as crazy as it usually is. I have been doing my best to trim the sides and back so it isn't too out of control. I am not brave enough to attempt to trim the top, but also not willing enough to pay to get it cut just yet so this is as good as it gets. (The following cute bath picture is so you can see how how much his hair has improved.)

3 comments:

KYLE and NATALIE KOESTER said...

Your kids are getting so big and so cute. Feeding Evelyn food is just so much messier and takes twice as long I agree with the nursing being much more convenient.

Maile said...

I can't believe EZ would eat that stuff. I bought one jar of it, but Asher wouldn't touch it - it does smell so nasty.

I also had mixed feelings about my kids getting into solids. Sometimes it was nice to have a change and I could tell they wanted to eat what everyone else was eating, but poop definitely gets grosser and it was so much easier to just nurse.

Sparkle Mama said...

Cute! Hey, I like certain baby foods too :)