Saturday, January 31, 2009

Go EZ Brown

I would also like too congratulate our son on a long awaited accomplishment: his first pee on the potty. We have not really been potting training but we have had the potty out where he can sit on it if he feels so inclined. Usually he says he wants to sit on it because he wants us to take off his diaper so he can run around naked. This morning we ran out of diapers (Oops my bad) so we put him in a pull up and he wore it for a couple of hours without peeing in it so I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty and he said yes. He sat in there with a good book and I kind of forgot he was in there until I heard him say "It's slippery." That kind of scared me and some of the fear was warranted because yes he had peed a little on the floor, but he managed to get well over half in the potty. So let's see if we can keep this going. I am so tired of having to keep track of two kids in diapers. And most importantly I want to be able to drop him off at the play area in Ikea so I can shop in peace.

5 comments:

marlene said...

congrats to all brown males (the ones related to you at least.) the potty news especially is momentous. i wish you success.

Maile said...

Nice work EZ! We're gradually working with Asher on this issue, although my preferred method of potty training with Kaia was having her run around half (or completely) naked; Asher, on the other hand, actually likes to wear clothes and it's too cold at this time of year to let him run around that way, anyway.

And I dream of the day I can send my kids into the IKEA playland. The problem right now is that Kaia could go, but I'm pretty sure Asher's heart would be broken that he's not tall enough to join her yet.

Aubreydoll said...

Awesome! Hopefully you'll be able to get things going for him! Bauer's been a little difficult too. He knows how to go on the potty, but he prefers to be in his diaper, probably because it's easier! :)

Sparkle Mama said...

Yippeeee! I know how exciting this is! (you should see my blog).

kentandnellie said...

Way to go, EZ! We don't have kids yet, but I can imagine it would be nice to only have to change one set of diapers a day. I love your blog, Johanna. I read it all the time and makes me laugh. Sounds like you and Johnny are doing well!