Friday, January 9, 2009

Volcanoes are Everywhere

When we were on our way to Salt Lake City and close to landing, EZ kept saying "Volcanoes!". Of course it didn't sound exactly like volcanoes and it came out of no where, so without any context I hadn't the faintest idea what he was talking about. Then I looked out the window and realized he was calling the mountains volcanoes. I thought it was pretty funny and then when we were on our way home from Pittsburgh and landing in Chicago for our layover he kept saying volcanoes again. Now Midway airport is in the middle of crowded neighborhood with no mountains, so I was really confused. Then I looked out the window and there was this factory with a huge smoke stack and a large smoke cloud over it. I couldn't stop laughing. I wonder if EZ is phased by the fact that he sees volcanoes everywhere. Probably not.

Oh and I appreciate all the well wishes I received for my second cross country flight by myself. EZ escaped once or twice and had to be captured by strangers and then wrestled into the monkey backpack, but overall it went pretty smoothly and no worse than the first one. Luckily I won't have to do that again for a while.

3 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

I had to laugh at the image of EZ being wrestled into his monkey backpack! You're a brave woman for flying with your two kids by yourself!

rachel said...

There really are volcanoes everywhere! I am glad things went well on the flight back. You deserve that!

rachel said...

Also,I am glad you and the kids were able to come by. It is nice to get to know you better.

Speaking of which, you are tagged. Check out my blog, http://themightykellers.blogspot.com/ for the rules.