Friday, August 14, 2009

The Past Month Part 1: Visitors

So I have kind of gone m.i.a. the last month, but for good reason. We had two weeks of visitors followed by two weeks of traveling, so now I will do my best to catch up on everything. We were kind of running a bed and breakfast here for a while. One weekend we had some friends spend Saturday night here and then a different set of friends spent Sunday night here and then that Wednesday my niece Sharon flew in to town to spend 2 weeks with us. That Saturday we moved EZ into our room to make room for our friends' kids and at one point we walked in our room to find that EZ and Netta had made themselves comfortable together in EZ's bed. I really hope they always get along this well.
Having my niece Sharon here was a blast. She got to come for her 13th birthday and it was just so nice to have another almost adult in the house. Thanks to her helping with the kids I was able to go to the dentist and hang out with my friend Sarah without our kids, but no worries I did not abuse her babysitting skills. We were able to do a ton of fun stuff. Sharon loves to read so there were lots of trips to the library and used bookstore. One of the main highlights was going to see the Round Rock Express, the minor league baseball team that plays in the Dell stadium. John gets tickets half off since he works for Dell and the lawn seats are only $6 to begin with so its quite the steal. Also on Monday, which is when we went, they have dollar drinks and dollar hot dogs. You can't beat that! Plus the kids had a blast. I couldn't believe how excited EZ was about watching the game. Now he talks about baseball all the time. Anyway, here are some pics from the game. Sharon and Netta hanging out.

Netta trying desperately to get something out of an empty cup.

EZ with a bright light above his head. I thought it was cool.

No comments: