Friday, August 14, 2009

The Past Month Part 2: Saying Goodbye

Before we took off for two weeks of traveling, we had to say goodbye to our friends Sarah and Aaron Adams and their kids Claire and Noel. These are the friends I have posted about before that we knew in Michigan and then got lucky enough to have move down here when we came down for John's internship. Having them here has been such a blessing. It made the transition so much easier and Sarah is one of my best friends. I was really bummed to see them go, but I am excited for their family and Aaron's chance to get his masters. Luckily they are moving to Phoenix, a place where John has family and where you can find cheap airfares to, so we will definitely be seeing them again. Evening knowing that, I still get a little teary-eyed thinking about them being gone. Anyway, here are some pics from our farewell dinner, starting with Sarah and I. . .

Then EZ and Claire. I just realized I didn't get one of Noel and Netta, which makes me sad. I am also sad that these next two super cute pictures are marred by the presence of my camera strap.

The amazing part of this last picture is that it was totally a spontaneous hug and despite not always getting along swimmingly in the past, EZ and Claire actually played really well together that night. Of course they wait till she is moving to start getting along.

No comments: