Friday, August 14, 2009

The Past Month Part 3: Visiting Pittsburgh

After my niece's visit she flew with me back to Pittsburgh to visit my family. I was so glad we could have Sharon's visit right before this trip so she could fly back with me and the kids since John couldn't come. By some miracle all of my siblings managed to make their way to Pittsburgh at the same time, so it was like a mini family reunion. We were able to do all the Pittsburgh stuff like Kennywood and the zoo. We actually did both of those in the same day, which made for quite a fun, but exhausting time. We went to the zoo with all the kids in the afternoon and then all of us adult siblings took off for an evening at Kennywood. (For those of you that don't know Kennywood is an amusement park by my house). The weather was a little rainy, but that didn't stop us. In fact it was actually nice because the park was kind of empty and we basically could just walk on to every ride. The only downside was that since we didn't have any downtime between rides one person in our party got a bit ill. Oops.
It was great to spend so much time with my family and even better because me kids achieved some firsts on the trip. After almost 5 months of successfully peeing on the potty EZ finally decided it would be a good idea to poo there as well. Hallelujah. And, drum roll please, lazy Miss Netta finally started taking some steps. I wouldn't say she is "walking", but she can walk across the room if she feels so inclined. EZ also rekindled his love with Wii Sports. Just as with guitar hero in the past, when EZ likes a game he really likes it and insists on playing it 24/7. He was so obsessed that he would sit and play by himself for literally 4 hour blocks at a time and after about 2 days of that the batteries died and we opted not to replace them so he wouldn't be able to play anymore. We will not be getting a Wii anytime soon.
Here are some pics from the trip. The first 3 are of the random places EZ passed out around the house. While at my parents' house EZ never wants to nap or go to bed so we just let him play till he can't play anymore.



You will notice that these next 2 pictures are in the same chair. That is because this is the chair in front of the tv with the Wii and he when he got too tired to stand he would sit in it and play golf from there till he passed out.




And finally passed out at my sister's pool.

Here are some of the pics from our trip to the zoo, starting with me, Netta and my niece Ellie


Then grandpa and Netta


EZ and Carol
And last, but not least, Grace and EZ. The best part about this picture is that she is 2 1/2 years older than him, but almost the same size.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

those pictures of EZ passed out asleep are hilarious!