Monday, August 24, 2009

EZ's Reward

EZ has been really good about going potty all by himself and has even gone quite a few nights without peeing, so we decided to celebrate his freedom from diapers by letting him beat the crap out of a pinata all by himself. That and I found this 4th of July pinata on clearance at Walmart and I wanted a reason to buy it. EZ absolutely loves pinatas and whenever there is one at a party he never wants to let anyone else take a turn so I figured this was the perfect reward. John is a brave man and agreed to hold it while EZ attempted to hit it.
His hits didn't do much damage, so John decided to start swinging the pinata into EZ'z bat while he hit it to give it some extra force.


When that didn't do much damage we finally gave up and just put it on the floor so EZ could really go at it.


After a good 20 minutes EZ finally busted it open. Here he is making sure he got every last tootsie pop out of there.

And here he is enjoying the spoils.

Of course Netta got in on the tootsie pop action as well. She was sitting in my lap while I was loading these pictures and when she saw this one of her with the lollipop she pointed and said "Mmmmm".


The pinata still had some life in it so EZ continued to beat on it periodically over the next couple of days. Honestly, my favorite part about this whole activity was EZ's pronunciation of pinata. He insists on calling it a peeyata no matter how many times we say it correctly and it just cracks me up.
PS. My sister likes to point out that EZ is never wearing pants in pictures and well who can blame him when it's 105 degrees outside.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

That picture of Netta is so cute---I thought wow that looks just like Sarah--no Ben---No Meghan No-- Katie No--maybe Jo? I guess I don't remember you when you were little because you were always older than me...so precious!! she's got that "family" look:)
good job to you, I bet no onw bought you a pinata to bust to smitheryns when really your efforts in potty training are much to be applauded--I know, because mine aren't to be praised and Jake still isn't trained!

Valerie and Christopher said...

congratulations EZ! those pix are great. netta sure is growing up! and pants...who needs em?