Monday, December 1, 2008

My First Thanksgiving

We have been pretty spoiled the last three years living driving distance from my parents and therefor being able to enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving dinner made by someone else. (Thanks mom.) Obviously the move to Texas has isolated us a bit from family and so it was finally my turn to host Thanksgiving. Luckily, we have great friends here that we were able to share it with. We had our friends Ruth and Gavin come down from Dallas with their two kids, our friends Kim and John who we met last summer during John's internship, and Romulo and Priscilla who we met in Michigan through John's MBA program and are now living here for a job at Dell as well. I am not one for decorating, but I really wanted to have our table look nice, so I worked my magic to try and make the table look as good as possible for as little as possible. It may not seem that great to those who are really into this kind of thing, but I think it was quite an accomplishment for myself.

The dinner turned out great and no one got sick that I know of. We had some of the best food and in fact my favorite dish was the sweet potato dish prepared by the Brazilians, who had never had a Thanksgiving dinner before! You may notice that EZ is missing from this picture. We ate dinner at 3 which is right during his nap time. I planned it this way so I could actually enjoy the meal. Sorry EZ.


Gavin and Ruth stayed for the weekend, so EZ and Caden got to play. They went back and forth between being best friends and worst enemies, but for the most part they had a great time. EZ was very very sad to see Caden leave. He got a bit hysterical. This picture captured a great moment. No they are not about to hit each other. They were actually sharing the drum, which I thought was pretty amazing.

They also had a blast jumping on the blow up mattress. It was hard to get both of them to jump and look at the camera at the same time. As you can see they loved it and we loved having visitors. It turned out to be an awesome Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I think your Thanksgiving table decor is fabulous! What a fun thanksgiving with friends.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting us! We had a great time! And I thought the table and food was all amazing! You did a great job pulling off a very stressful event.