Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Day From Hell

So today I had two goals: get our driver's licenses and get Christmas pictures of the kids taken. John took a half day at work so we could get this all done. I spent yesterday searching for a shirt for EZ and shoes for Netta. Then this morning I went online and triple checked what we needed to take to get our licenses. Technically we should have gotten them within 30 days of moving here. Oops. The place to get them is over 30 minutes away so that combined with having to take both kids was going to make it quite the trip. As we were driving to get the licenses I kept checking to make sure I had everything and when we finally get there I pull it all out and the guy informs me that I was supposed to bring the registrations and I had brought the titles! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! What the heck was I thinking?! I don't know how I messed that up and I quite honestly cried in the car and kind of freaked out. I used to be an intelligent person and then I had kids and swoosh my brain went flying out the window. It's only kind of funny now. It still stings a little. So now we are going to have to try and go again. Yippy.

Then we had our appointment scheduled at JCPenny for the pics. It was scheduled for 6 oclock so that way EZ could get a nap and Netta would be well fed. Well of course EZ refused to take a nap and when we got there they were behind schedule and only had 1 girl working the whole thing. We didn't get to start taking pictures till almost 7:30. By that point Netta was starving and EZ was all funned out. We did our best to get good pictures but EZ refused to sit by Netta and half way through Netta hit her had and just started screaming. Oh joy. Total between EZ pictures, Netta pictures and group pictures we only had 17 to choose from. Not very impressive. We were able to choose 3 we liked, but overall we were very disappointed. The poor girl working there was really sweet and trying so hard, but there was no way she could do it all alone. She was nice enough to wave our sitting fee, which was a good thing since we ended up having to buy EZ a stuffed Mickey Mouse to keep him somewhat happy. The one shining moment is that we learned that Netta absolutely loves Mickey and freaks out whenever we show her the stuffed animal. What a day.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh how awful! I'm sorry. I remember when we had to get new licenses and registrations. It was such a headache and after multiple trips and some tears it was finally done. Hope all goes smoothly on your next trip!

Aubreydoll said...

Yikes, what an ordeal! I've decided that evening appointments for pictures don't ever work because they're always behind and that's also always the day the kids refuse to take naps!!

pneal said...

Maybe taking pictures is like going to the temple...you only half plan the trip and never tell anyone about it until you are halfway there. sorry about the headache, but i must admit i laughed a little at your misfortune. life just always seems to rear its ugly head. but look at the bright side, your kids are adorable so even though they were fussy, the pictures are still going to turn out.