Friday, November 21, 2008

Midnight Twilight

So I myself may not have signed up to go to the midnight showing of Twilight, but there were some ladies at book club who were super stoked about it so I decided to go along. I was really excited when I initially found out they were making the movie, but as trailers and pictures started popping up I wasn't very impressed. Edward looked like he was just wearing a lot of makeup and the previews focused too much on the last fight scene, which is important, but a small part of the first book. So a bunch of us went to Chedder's to grab some food first. On a side not I had only been to Chedder's once in Michigan and I thought it was alright, but this time I got the monster cookie skillet dessert and it was frickin to die for and actually pretty cheap, so I am now a fan. Anyway, we got to the theater at about 10 and there were a decent amount of people in line, but nothing crazy. The best part was that as we looked around we were the only women there without any teenage daughters. Yeah we're that cool. Also one lady's husband was brave enough to come and in the end the theater was like 95% female. He felt extra cool. I won't go much into the movie, but I will say that by going in with seriously low expectations I was pleasantly surprised. I ended being won over by Edward after all and the fight scene wasn't the focus of the movie. If you liked the books I think you will like the movie. If you were obsessed with the books you will probably be disappointed because the movie kind of blew through chapters of important information with a sentence here and there, much like Harry Potter 5 in my opinion. If you haven't read the books you might think the movie is kind of weird and choppy. I will have to say that some of the scenes were kind of cheesy even for a chick flick, but being in a theater backed full of 14 year old girls made it hilarious as they giggled and squealed. My only real regret about going is that by the time I got home and in bed it was around 3am and even though John was sweet and went into work a little late, I still had to be up by 8:30 and I was not liking it. Anyway, if you see it let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just got back from it, and felt pretty much the same as what you said because i have also read the books. i saw it with two of my girlfriends one of which read all the books in 4 days. it was fun. can't wait for the next one, and now i wanna finish reading the books

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

I ended up not going cause we went to the Silver Bells downtown. I was so exhausted after that. I do want to see it so bad, maybe Dave will come with me...mmm probaly not. I think I will totally get into the books now though, I've heard lots of good things.

Aubreydoll said...

So, I'm afraid I fall into more the the "obsessed fan" category than just liking the books. I actually was really disappointed with the movie but am going to go back (tomorrow) and give it another chance! I'm hoping that now that I know what to expect I'll be able to like it more the second time around!

Aubreydoll said...

Oh, and I also went to the midnight showing!