Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Aunt Meghan

My sister Meghan is graduating from BYU in May with a degree in linguistics and is applying to grad school. She knows sign language and served a mission for our church working with the deaf community in Manhattan. One day I mentioned that maybe she should look into University of Texas since I knew it had a really good Arabic program and hoped that meant a good linguistics program. Well as it turns out they have an awesome linguistics program and you can even specialize in the linguistics of sign language. Well hello that is just awesome and UT is like 25 minutes from my house. So Meghan started seriously looking into UT and this past weekend came down to visit and check it out. It was so much fun having her here. EZ loved having someone new to play with and so did I! We got to visit campus, which I had never been too before either, and she was able to meet with some professors. She was impressed with them and they were impressed with her so it was a great visit. Other than that we did a lot of shopping. Meghan got a taste of how fun it is to try and go clothes shopping with two kids. John was out of town for a boy scout camp out so it was perfect timing for her visit. Well for me at least. Hee Hee. Part of our shopping was me trying to get some Christmas decorations. Here is a picture of EZ outside with the "display". If you look close he is pretty upset in the picture because we wouldn't let him play with the big bulb lights.

Here is Meghan and Netta outside enjoying the view.

We wanted to give Meghan a taste of Austin so of course that meant BBQ, but instead of Mexican as well we decided to mix it up and try this place downtown called Huts that is supposed to have the best burgers in Austin. They really were good. I don't know if I would drive all the way downtown to get one again, but if I was already there and in the mood for a burger that is where I would go. So here is a pic of Meghan and EZ at Huts. I love the looks on both of their faces. (John really wants me to get EZ's hair cut and I think he could use this picture as evidence against me.)

Finally here is a pic of Meghan and EZ right before she left. For some reason he did not want his picture taken. So no he isn't asleep he is just throwing a fit. Maybe he could sense she was leaving. He really wanted to get out of the car with her at the airport and then he fell asleep on the car ride home and as soon as a woke up he asked "Where's Aunt Meghan?" Luckily he can see her again in just two weeks.

2 comments:

Maile said...

I have so many pictures of Kaia looking like EZ in that last picture - pretending to be asleep just because she doesn't want her picture taken.

Aubreydoll said...

I might have to agree with John and the haircut (even though I went through the same thing with Matt all the time)! Unfortunately for us, I think Bauer's losing all of his curls!! I'm so sad...