Monday, January 2, 2012

My Trip to Pittsburgh

When I found out my friend Elly was going to be getting married in Pittsburgh I knew I had to be there. Mainly, because she is awesome and I love her, but also because I wanted an excuse for a weekend away from the kids. So when she got married in October, I flew up to Pittsburgh by myself and John held down the fort. Of course I stayed with my parents and it was so relaxing. It was just me and them, something that rarely if ever happens and I don't know why, but I just loved getting to visit with them by myself. A little added bonus was that my niece Grace was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints while I was there. I was so glad to get to be a part of such a special day.




The wedding took place at Phipp's Conservatory and my gosh it was so beautiful. I had never been there before and I couldn't get over how amazing all the plants and flowers were. Elly looked absolutely stunning and both of them were beaming. I couldn't help but get a little choked up seeing them together.




The reception was at a delicious Italian restaurant in the Strip District that I had also never been to before so I got to experience some new Pittsburgh things on top being part of such a beautiful day.



I definitely would have stayed longer if I could, but I was also glad to come home to these adorable kids. Kid-free trips are so important, because I always come home refreshed and more appreciative of my kids.



(of course King is included as well even though he isn't in the picture. haha)

No comments: