Tuesday, January 3, 2012

EZ's First Soccer Season

We decided to make extra good use of our YMCA membership and sign EZ up for sports this year. The fall sport was soccer and it was an interesting experience. EZ is definitely a bit of a scatterbrain on the field and in the beginning he rarely if ever touched the ball, but by the end he got much much better. His coach let him play defense, which he loved and I think is more fitting his less aggressive personality. His team as a whole got way better as the season went on. We played the same team for the first and last games of the season. The first game they creamed us like 10-2 and the last game we tied 2-2! There were definitely times as I was running around chasing Netta and King and missing most of the game/practice that I had to wonder if it was worth it, but I think seeing how much improvement he made and how excited he got I would definitely do it again. Here he is showing off his trophy.

Taking a little rest on the sideline with one of his buddies.

The last game it was really windy and John had to stand behind the goal to keep it from falling over. I promise that he normally does not hover around the field like that. There are definitely psycho parents that do, but John is not one of them. They frighten me.

Sarah and Casey were there for the last game, which was hands down EZ's best. I am glad they got to see him actually kick the ball and kind of stay focused. It was also the game I got video of so in the future it will always look like EZ had it together.

Like I said King and Netta gave me quite the run around during games (in fact I even lost Netta once and someone found her headed towards the road, which I can't write more about, because it stresses me just thinking about it), so we had to resort to stuffing King full of treats in his stroller.


No comments: