Monday, January 16, 2012

Chistmas Time is Here

Christmas came early to the Brown house when we received a package of SNUGGIES!!! John surprised us all before Christmas with some awesome snuggies that to my astonishment actually keep you really warm.
Of course we also decorated the tree. I really wanted a picture of the kids and I, but after 20 minutes and not one single good shot of all of us together we had to abandon ship.

The best part about Christmas this year was that my family came to us! My mom and dad came as well as my sister Meghan, her husband Jared and their baby Lucy. They all arrived on Christmas Day. It was a non-stop party and food-fest. My parents brought 10 dozen cookies with them made by these little old Italian ladies in Pittsburgh and they were all to die for. I put on a good 5 pounds of cookies that week. Of course my kids loved it and made good use of all the grandparent time.

We went on a few outings, including a trip to the Austin Zoo. They have a petting zoo there and King was in heaven. He would have stayed there all day feeding the animals.

He loved it so much that he had to get as close as humanly possible to each creature. I thought Netta liked animals, but King has her beat.

We also made the trek to Zilker Park. I love Texas weather and being able to go out in short sleeve shirts in December. Here is Meghan and my mom pushing King and Lucy.

For some reason EZ was in a really foul mood that day. I can't even remember what started it, but he was super cranky. By the park they have the Barton Springs and an area that you can wade in and dogs can swim. Everyone took off there shoes and went for a stroll in the water, but EZ wanted nothing to do with it. Gotta love his stink eye.

Here is everyone else enjoying themselves. Netta didn't even mind getting sprayed with water by the dogs.

They also have people at the park making balloon animals. There was one lady who made awesome ones that I have never seen before. Here are EZ and Netta showing off their balloons. I couldn't get over the awesome Hello Kitty.

I also loved this fish and the fishing rod. We got it for King, but unfortunately he didn't quite understand how cool it was and kept trying to take EZ's sword.

Everyone was able to stay for a week and there were plenty more adventures, but honestly I am so behind that I can't think of anymore right now, so you will have to settle for the highlights. I guess I should have taken more pictures so I could remember more!

No comments: