Monday, January 2, 2012

Halloween Festivities

The Halloween festivities kicked off this year with our church's trunk or treat activity. One day we were looking at Target for costumes and Netta became obsessed with this pink Batgirl costume. Seeing as I was not going to spend $25 for a cheaply made costume I decided to hit up the thrift store in hopes of paying less for a still cheaply made costume. The best we could find was this black dress with a pink bat on it. It's not as cool as the original Target costume, but she didn't care so I didn't care. Oh and it cost $6, which honestly is still a rip off for how chintzy it is, but better than $25. I tried to find something for King, but just wasn't feeling inspired this year, so he just got to wear pjs with eyeballs on them.


Part of the trunk or treat included a haunted house, which John helped run, so he got to dress up in some freaky face paint. I think he kind of scared king. EZ has never watched Power Rangers, but he got a Power Ranger toy in a happy meal and decided that is was he wanted to be for Halloween. Luckily, the thrift store was able to help us out with that costume as well.



I took the classic witch route and threw on some stripped tights with a black dress and a kind of small witch hat that I actually bought for Netta last year.



The Halloween fun continued at Netta's preschool. Every year they have a costume parade and the kids march around the school so the parents can take pictures. Of course Netta loved the attention.




I tried to find Netta a headband with bats on it, to try and help out her costume, but I waited to long and this weird pigtail headband with teeny tiny bats on it was all the best could do. Again she didn't care so I didn't care. (Gotta love the girl next to her dressed as a spaceship).





For another example of my poor planning of lameness, we didn't decorate our pumpkin till the 29th. Oops. We went with our now traditional Mr. Potato Head type pumpkin and the kids had hours of fun messing with his face.


We also did the neighborhood trick or treat and ended up with way more candy than any of my kids could ever need, so of course John and I helped them out. I was tempted not to have them do the neighborhood trick or treat, because I have little to no self-control around candy and that is not good for my waistline. Oh the sacrifices we make for our children ;)

1 comment:

Whitny said...

Ha you are doing what I am doing. Trying to catch up. I posted our halloween stuff like last week or something. Now I am almost caught up. I have christmas eve, christmas day and new years. I have to do it because I love our blog books. They are like my only way of journaling.