Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our Little Rock Star

John has been wanting Rock Band forever, but I have been holding out, because I knew EZ would go crazy and it would be on 24/7 and I didn't want to have the drum set taking up more space in our already toy filled living room. John has been diligently searching at used game stores to try and piece the game together and he just happened to find the game, guitar and mic right after he got the perfect amount of birthday money, so we finally have it. I still have mixed feelings about whether this was a good idea or not. EZ of course loves it and all 3 of us can play together, but usually it is just John playing and EZ rocking along. I guess one benefit is that EZ has now expanded his repertoire of rock songs so we don't have to listen to him sing "Slow Ride" over and over and over again. Here is a video of EZ performing some of his favorites: "Shooting Star" by Bad Company, "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins, "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads, I am a bit embarrassed by that one, "Anyway You Want It" by Journey and "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum . "Today" was his most favorite for quite sometime, which surprises people while we are out and about, but now you can see "Shooting Star" is taking the lead.

2 comments:

kentandnellie said...

Oh my goodness...this video is amazing. EZ is a good little singer. Seriously. His rendition of Today was great!

brook said...

I've watched this video quite a few times now. "Today" is my favorite.