Sunday, March 29, 2009

Holy Hail

On Wednesday we got hit with an crazy hail storm. I have never seen or heard anything like it. You can see in the last picture a pretty decent sized piece of hail, but that was small compared to what some other parts of Austin got hit with. My friend Kim was driving home from work about 20 minutes from our house and got caught in the storm. The hail there was tennis ball sized and it totalled her car. She wasn't hurt but it blew put both of her windshields, her headlights and taillights, her speakers, and just beat the crap out of the rest of the car. Luckily since the hail wasn't as bad here we didn't have any damage to our house or car. I just kept saying "Oh my gosh" and you can hear John say "Holy cow" in the video. Of course EZ picked right up on that and now we kept hearing him say "Oh my gosh" in this really exaggerated way and then sometimes he combines the two and yells "Oh my cow!"

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

spring just has the weirdest weather. Makes for fun stories thought--I've never seen hail that big.

Cynthia said...

What a crazy storm!
How horrible for your friend to get stuck in the storm and get her car messed up.

candice said...

bah, what a horrible storm. i'm glad you guys missed the worst of it! does insurance cover weather induced vandalism? what a nightmare.

Aubreydoll said...

That's crazy! Your poor friend!

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Are you kidding me...that's freakin scary! Especially with your friend having her car totaled. I'm glad she's ok.