Saturday, November 15, 2008

I've Been a Bad Mom

So I've been kind of lazy when it comes to EZ and crayons. I haven't wanted to pick up tons of crayons and risk having him draw all over the house, so basically he has had at most like 6 crayons at a time and they are usually from restaurants, so that means he pretty much gets red, blue, green and yellow. Well, he has been really good about only coloring at his coloring table and I have been feeling a little bad about his pathetic crayons, so I caved and bought him a big box of 48 crayons. I busted them all out this morning and he has been going crazy. He keeps running over to me with one at a time to tell me what color they are. He is especially excited about the white crayon, one he has never scene in this house before. He has been coloring for about an hour and half so far and shows no signs of stopping. He hasn't even asked to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, which is usually the first thing out of his mouth in the morning. So I guess this is my public apology to EZ that he can read someday and know that I am sorry I was such a lazy mom and I promise to be better in the future.

2 comments:

Maile said...

I did the same thing with playdough. I got sick of having it everywhere so I put it away for a long time. But then when I finally let my kids use it again, they played with it for about 2 hours - by themselves! Yeah!!

Aubreydoll said...

We all do stuff like this! I just wish Bauer's attention span was longer than 2 seconds and he would actually sit down and color!