Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Day

Well Halloween Day was great for us, but not so great for our pumpkin. In fact he had to be thrown out that morning. Having grown up in the north, used to cold weather and layering under halloween costumes, I carved our pumpkin a bit premature. After I set him out I noticed that no one else in the neighborhood had set our carved pumpkins. Oops my bad. Now I know not to carve a pumpkin till the day before Halloween because they do not like 85 degree weather!

Despite the rotted pumpkin, we had a great Halloween day. It started out with a Halloween Festival that was jam packed with kids. They held it as this park 15 minutes from my house and it took 15 minutes to get there and then another 15 minutes to find a parking spot. It was insanely crowded and pretty hot out so we didn't last as long as we had thought. Now we know to get there the minute it starts next year.


Claire and EZ had a good time despite the heat. EZ's favorite part was miniture golf. I literally had to drag him away kicking and screaming.



Netta was a good sport. Here she is wearing one of EZ's Halloween onesies. Notice that I bought this one in Michigan and it is short sleeved and then when I went to be Netta one this year in Texas they only came with long sleeves. What is up with that? Someone is very confused about the weather.


That night we opted not to take EZ trick or treating since he is so shy and since I usually end up eating most of the candy and I still have some baby weight to lose. So instead EZ helped my friend Kim and I hand out candy. He actually did a great job. I kept waiting for him to try run away to get candy himself, but he was more than happy just handing it out.

Yeah, that's right I am sitting outside at night handing out candy in short sleeves and capris. I love Texas!

1 comment:

Aubreydoll said...

Your poor pumpkin! I can't even imagine it being so hot on Halloween. That's what I get for spending most of my life in the mid-west where it's not unusual for snow to make an appearance...