Wednesday, July 9, 2014

March Madness

We closed on our house on Feb 28th, but we didn't actually take possession till March 3rd. So here is the one picture I have from inside the rental house. John and Conrad just chilling watching some TV. Like father, like son. We actually watched a lot of TV in that house and Netflix was our savior. 


To celebrate my birthday John got me these beautiful flowers to put in our beautiful kitchen. I never thought I would be so excited about a kitchen. Sadly, it only looked this clean for a day and then all of our stuff was delivered and it's like a bomb went off. This unpacking process is going to take quite some time. 


We are slowly discovering more and more about St. Joe that we love. March was Lego month with Lego themed activities all over town. They had a special Lego architecture class at the art museum. Certain designs were chosen to be displayed around town. Shh don't tell EZ, but Netta's was the only one chosen. Poor boy he tried so hard, but I have a feeling that being a girl played in Netta's favor this time.




 We also discovered that there is a rockin' children's museum here. We immediately bought passes and I am sure with this weather that we will be spending a lot of time here. One of the coolest things is that they have a whole face painting section. The kids went crazy with this. Kingston is supposed to be a Skylander. 


EZ is a Creeper from Minecraft.


And Netta is just kind of scary.


EZ really got into the building area, but it was hard to take him seriously in that get up with his face painted.


We discovered The South Bend Chocolate Company, which has awesome hot chocolate. We happened to go on St. Patrick's Day and they were giving out all this free green stuff. Netta of course had to go back multiple times to grab free stuff and make sure everyone in the family was outfitted. That's my girl.




Netta brought home this drawing, which I assumed was of an animal on the beach and maybe some jellyfish. Then she informed me that the animal above ground was a sphinx and that the things below ground were all skeletons. She scares me sometimes.


March became extra exciting when EZ decided to fracture his elbow. Since we didn't have basements in Texas, I was so excited to move into a house with one, so I could put all the toys downstairs and send the kids there when I need a break. Well we weren't even here 3 weeks and EZ hurt himself playing under the mini trampoline. We tried to avoid the doctor but after a weekend of it hurting I finally took him in. Of course I did it during the day and had King and Conrad with me. They were fine at the doctors office, but then they were hellions at the xray place. So, the next day when it came time to take him in to get the cast John came home from work to take him. And then snapped this picture of EZ enjoying some gourmet hot chocolate while I was stuck at home eating who knows what with the kids. While I appreciated not having to take all the kids to the doctor again, I think I got the short end of the stick on this deal. Luckily, EZ was excited to have his friends sign the cast and he only had to have it for 3 weeks.


No comments: