Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Birthday King

King turned 4 on May 4th. This first picture of him is not actually from his birthday, but it does sum up a bit of personality at this point. They had a special day at preschool where all the parents could come and watch the kids be in a marching band parade. King is not a fan of attention, big groups and lots of noise, so he was not too keen on this whole event. He refused to play his instrument and no amount of coaxing could get him to smile. On the other hand, Conrad was there with me and was desperately trying to join the parade. King may be a stinker, but he really is just a sensitive sweetheart. 


King was lucky enough to have my parents in town for his birthday and it happened to be the Blossom Time Parade as well. I guess Blossom Time is like Homecoming in the spring and everyone celebrates the fact that he heinously long winter has ended. King and Netta were both lucky enough to get shoulder rides during the parade.



Conrad basically pushed his stroller around the whole time. We put one of the breaks on so it just kept going around and around in a circle and that did not bother him one bit.


Poor EZ has now outgrown his ability to get a shoulder ride from anyone. He also got really bored and in his defense it was the most poorly timed parade I have ever seen. There were humongous gaps between floats and we ended up leaving early because we just couldn't stand it anymore.


After the parade we wandered down to the famous carousal. It was nice to finally check it out and at it the list of perks of living here. My Grandpa E was obsessed with carousals and I have to think that he probably road this one at some point in his life.


My mom and I, with some help from Netta, spent a painstaking amount of time in the kitchen working on King's cake and cupcakes. We ended up making 26 Skylander sheep (some are for him to take to preschool) and plus a hill for a figure to stand on. The whole thing turned out really cute, but my gosh my entire body hurt after it was all said and done. And my mom may never be willing to help me with one of my projects again ;)



Again EZ is benefiting from King's love of Skylanders. King was so excited about his new figure that he insisted he have his picture taken with it.




No comments: