Thursday, July 31, 2014

Happy Birthday Netta!

Netta turned 6 on May 9th. I was still recovering from making King's cupcakes so I asked her what she wanted to do for treats that wasn't cake related. She opted for chocolate and sprinkle dipped cones. We got to spend some quality time in the kitchen working on them.


We had a fun night at home celebrating, although she was quite jealous that Grandma and Grandpa were here for King's birthday and not her's.


For her friend birthday she opted for a Hello Kitty theme. We have done this theme once before and I wouldn't be surprised if it is repeated multiple times. I tried to find a place to have her and EZ's birthday parties, but I quickly learned that there are very few places to have parties here and they fill up way in advance, so a home party it was. She had a few of her friends from church and school come over and they spent almost the whole party giggling and telling stories. It was awesome. They also got to color, break a pinata, get hair tattoos and get their nails done. It was very girly, which is fine by me if it means they are not running all over my house like crazy people.


 For her cupcakes she was dead set on having the little Hello Kitty candies you can buy at the store. Done and done. The only problem was that the candies wouldn't come off the paper very well, so each cupcake may have had some added fiber. I did however make the cupcakes and frosting from scratch and I love them a little bit too much. I sent a bunch home with each of the girls so I wouldn't stuff them all in my own face. May is not a good month for my waistline.


I love my boys, but I am so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with Netta to be my best girl friend!

No comments: