Monday, March 14, 2011

Speich is in the House

One of my best friends from high school Elly Speicher was able to come visit mid-March and it was awesome! She had a conference to go to in Houston and just extended her stay over the weekend so she could come up and visit. The last time I saw Elly was last summer when I was staying in Pittsburgh without John after just having King. It was fun then, but I think the craziness of my life may at that time may have frightened her away from ever wanting to have kids. Heck it frightened me. Luckily, this time around things were not so crazy and she had fun with the kids and they loved her. In fact Netta will still talk about her friend Elly. John was great and took care of the kids so we could do as much as possible while she was here. In fact I was able to be kidless pretty much all day Saturday, which is by far the most I have been since King was born. Of course we ate and ate and ate and shopped and shopped. We also got to see a movie at Alamo Drafthouse, where you can order food and eat it during the movie. John has been there a couple times, but I never have and it was awesome. We also toured the state capitol, which I have been wanting to do for while. Yes it's nerdy and it means we are old, but we liked it. (I kind of skipped a post where I turned 30, but I did in February and I think it is starting to show). It was a bummer when she had to leave, but as it turns out this conference happens in Houston every year so for as long as she is at that job we should be able to get together! Here is a pic of Elly and I thanks to our photographer EZ.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

What a trip down memory lane! It was great to see you and Elly together. Tell her I said hi!