Monday, March 14, 2011

King Brown

In February King had his 9 month check up. He is still holding onto his title of heaviest baby. Amazingly, despite his weight disadvantage, he also wins the award for earliest crawler. The baby books will tell you babies crawl between 6 and 9 months, well neither EZ nor Netta pulled that off. EZ army crawled at 10 months and then didn't crawl on his hands and knees till a year. Netta was almost 11 months before she got her butt moving at all. King however managed to army crawl a week before he turned 9 months, making him our earliest army crawler and then he even managed to crawl on his hands and knees at 10 months making him our earliest actual crawler. We are very proud. He just desperately wants to keep up with all the fun he sees EZ and Netta having. Now the test is to see if he walks earlier. EZ and Netta both walked around 15 months, which shouldn't be hard to beat.
Other updates on King are that he likes to lay around like this:
We don't know why but for some reason he just loves to lounge on his side and hold his leg up. He also still clings to me like it's no body's business. He is my hip baby and I get comments all the time that he is so pleasant, but that is mainly because I am holding him when people tell me that. In fact, last night he was up coughing in the middle of the night and I was holding him and John reached out to him and he repeatedly pushed John's hands away. Not to say that he doesn't love John, but if I am around he just loves me more. Finally, our the last update is just that King is a stud and we have a picture to prove it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Darren and Nikki said...

King is too cute for words! He reminds me so much of Johnny as a little boy... Simply adorable.

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

What a handsome little boy for sure! That side pose was hilarious! I don't think I have seen that before.