Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Fun

Last year we learned a valuable lesson about pumpkins and Texas: You cannot carve a pumpkin and set it out week or more before Halloween and not have it rot instantly in the heat. So this year we decided to do things differently and I found these cute Mr. Potato Head like decorations at Walmart. You just stick them in the pumpkin, no carving necessary. EZ thought it was the coolest thing ever. Here is EZ and Netta with part of the finished product.

Netta being her cute self.

The kit actually came with enough parts to make four faces so of course we had to make all four. EZ was so excited he insisted that I take his picture with each face of the pumpkin. So here is EZ and the complete finished product.


4 comments:

candice said...

WHat a great idea for decorating pumpkins! I think Netta looks just like you Johanna, and EZ looks like Johnny. I guess that is how it is supposed to be :) they are cuties.

Katie and Brad Kuykendall said...

Netta looks even more like mom now...it's almost scary!

Maile said...

Asher's response to the pumpkin pictures: "Look - ha ha!" I think that's a great way to do pumpkins with kids. I've been pretty lazy this year and just let my kids draw on their little pumpkins with pens.

Aubreydoll said...

What awesome pumpkins!! Such a cute idea!