Sunday, October 4, 2009

Girls' Weekend

I have been wanting a weekend away from the kiddies for quite some time and about two weeks ago I finally got one. The original plan was to meet my sister in DC for a conference she is attending, but then the dates didn't work out and then they changed the location so it isn't even in DC. She suggested I come to Utah instead where 3 of my 4 sisters are. I wasn't super stoked about going to Utah since we go there all the time to see family and I wasn't particularly all that excited about hanging out with my sisters and their significant others while I was flying solo, so I said the only way I would come is if all the girls could just go away somewhere for the weekend. Everyone agreed and we ended up spending 2 nights in Park City. It was so awesome. First of all traveling by yourself is so easy I could hardly believe it. I haven't flown without a child in tow since before EZ was born so it's been a while. I couldn't believe how much reading I got done. I would almost say it was boring, but I am definitely not going to complain. I got in on a Thursday night and then Friday once everyone was done with school and work we headed up to Park City. That night we went out to dinner and then just hung out in the hot tub. Then Saturday we hit up Olympic Park, which was amazing. I can't believe I never went up there while I lived there. We got to see some freestyle aerialists practicing in the pool, which was awesome . . .

and then we took 2 spins on the Alpine Slide, this huge luge like track that winds down the mountain with you riding on these little metal toboggans. I still can't get over how much fun it was. I really felt like a kid and kind of acted like one when I almost ran Katie over for going too slow. Here is a pic of my 3 lovely sisters ready to ride.

And here is a pic of me ready to ride. Unfortunately this was not the best self portrait and you can't even tell I am riding on the toboggan. There were other pictures of me where you can see that I am actually on the ride, but unfortunately each of the toboggans had a pole in between your legs to break with and for some reason every time someone took a picture of me riding I was holding on real tight to the pole and let's just say it looked perverse.

After that we hit up the Outlets. It is always a pleasure to shop kid free and I actually bought myself a bunch of stuff, which is a rarity. That night we had some awesome pizza and stayed up late talking and then slept in! It was so much fun to spend time with my sisters and just get to enjoy each other and not have to worry about any spouses or kids. We will definitely have to keep this up in the future and get my mom and sister Rachel on board.

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

That sounds like so much fun!!

Cynthia said...

What a fun weekend!!! I have to do one of those someday. and flying without kids on an airplane sounds amazing!