Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Waco Zoo

Our Church has a playgroup that meets on Mondays and EZ and Netta love it. A couple weeks ago we went to the Waco Zoo. There is technically a zoo in Austin, but really it is an animal rescue type place with not a lot of variety and no paved paths. I went last year and it was fun, but some of us were itching for a real zoo experience so we headed up to Waco. It was an awesome zoo. There were tons of animals, but it was a manageable size and we were able to do the whole thing before my kids started getting cranky. I guess the only downside was that we drove 3 hours round trip and it took less than 3 hours to see all the animals. So not a trip I would make regularly, but it was fun and luckily I had Brittany and her son in the car with us to keep me company. Here is a pic of Netta in the aquarium area. She LOVES fish and just kept running around squealing.

I love this pictures because it just shows how desperate she was to get out of the stroller and get at the animals.

EZ was having fun but for some reason was not too keen on getting his picture taken. I think its because I was making him slow down so I could take it and he was ready to run.

Finally our failed attempt at a family pic. I love that Netta can walk but sometimes mobility is so overrated.

No comments: