Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Four Wheelin' Fun

So I have kind of been on blog hiatus for over 2 weeks now. That's because we took a nice week and a half vacation to Utah to visit fam and then it took me about a week after getting back to be fully functioning. I had to be careful not to blog about the trip before hand because the main reason we went for was a surprise 50th birthday party for my mom. My sister Meghan was graduating from BYU and half the kids live there right now, so my dad flew everyone in for the shindig. We were able to use my brother-in-law Brad's family cabin in Wyoming for a little family reunion. The biggest surprise was that my dad flew my mom's dad and her brother and his wife in as well. They had never been to Utah and my mom had absolutely no idea they were coming so it was quite the surprise! One of the coolest things we got to do at the cabin was go four wheeling. Even my grandpa took one for a ride. What a stud.

I was a bit nervous so I made John drive me around for a bit.

Then I finally got up the nerve to drive by myself, but I made my brother Ben ride with me just in case. It's silly but, I blame my fear on the go cart accident I got in when I was like 12. For some reason driving a regular car doesn't bother me but this kind of stuff does. It was really fun though and I think I am over it now. It's about time.

EZ was not so thrilled about the idea of riding with John but we finally got him on and he kind of liked it, but really it was more for the picture than for his enjoyment.


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a fun trip! What a great way to celebrate your mom's birthday.

marlene said...

i'm glad for all the updates. we miss you all. You, Johanna, look really great, by the way.