Friday, February 27, 2009

IHOP Rocks

Well I have been meaning to post about his for a couple of days. So Tuesday was free pancake day at IHOP. I have never really been a huge IHOP fan, but we were redoing our kitchen counters this week and had no sink for 4 days which meant no cooking so free pancakes sounded great. I was afraid it would be really crowded but there wasn't any wait and when we walked in they were handing out mardi gras beads and balloon animals. Not too shabby. EZ, Netta, and I were each able to get our own plate of pancakes. They gave us the silver dollar ones cause of the kiddies and they were way better than I expected. Maybe I just haven't eaten at IHOP in awhile or something but I seriously was surprised. I asked the waitress if the silver dollar ones were somehow different then the bigger ones cause they were so good and she said no just smaller. Anyway, the whole reason IHOP does this is to raise money for charity and here they were asking people to donate to Shriners' Children Hospitals. I told the waitress I would donate $5 and then she said that since we donated $5 we got a $5 off coupon for the next time we come back. Now that is a good deal if I ever saw one. So thank you IHOP for the free pancakes, the mardi gras beads, the balloon animal, and the coupon.

5 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Yum, sounds like a lot of fun! I never do that kind of stuff because I always think there's going to be a big crowd. I'm glad you were able to get right in, especially with two kids in tow!

Cynthia said...

I went to IHOP with my friend that day, too. I love free deals, and the pancakes were delish! There wasn't a wait at our IHOP either. I have learned that as long you aren't in Utah you have a good chance of not having major lines at free stuff- Mormon's just can't resist a good deal!

Maile said...

Nice! We love IHOP in my family; I had heard about the free pancakes, but I didn't go because I thought it would be packed. In this area, it probably would have been - no one around here passes up free food!

The Morgans said...

The last time I went to IHOP Beckett was sick, we were eating and all of a sudden he threw up, EVERYTHING!!! We had to run out of there in quite a hurry. I just haven't felt compelled to take advantage of the free meal since then. I will make sure to find out when the next free day is because I LOVE pancakes. And I love them even more if I don't have to do any of the leg work.

Sparkle Mama said...

Sounds like y'all totally scored at IHOP :) Good times, good times.