Thursday, February 12, 2009

9 Month Check Up

So Netta had her 9 month check up and some how she went from 20 pounds at 6 months to 19 1/2 pounds at 9 months. I know she has thinned out but I think there is something fishy about those numbers. The Dr. said the nurse probably just got it wrong at 6 months. Although I must say how do you mess up weighing a baby when that's what you do for a living? I mean it's a scale. It kind of does the work for you. Anyway so now that makes her 1 pound less and 3 inches shorter than EZ at the same age. I kind of have a problem with the height as well. People always tell me she is so tall and the doctor even walked in and said "What a tall baby," but again according to the nurse she is quite a bit shorter than EZ was and only average height. I don't know why it bothers me so much but I was honestly annoyed when I heard average weight and average height. Who wants to hear that their baby is average? I mean it's bragging rights to say your baby is way high on the charts or way low. I know the whole thing is so stupid, but you kind of get sucked into it when you are around moms all the time comparing babies. It's not healthy. Anyway so here is a pic of Netta and a pic of EZ both at 9 months. What do you think?

6 comments:

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

She is so beautiful! Gosh, I totally agree with you. Those darn doctors(nurses) don't have any idea what they're doing sometimes:) lol.
I was thinking about you the other day. I hope everything is going good with you guys! Netta and EZ are getting so big. I liked that video of Netta dancing...so cute. Kameron dances to all kinds of music too, but mostly when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse comes on. (The hot dog dance) It's hilarious watching him get so excited and rock out to the song.

marlene said...

Netta's got better clothes, EZ has a better purse. Really--umm, they're both just plain cute.

candice said...

Sorry Johanna, not seeing the one pound difference. They look about the same to me!

ps netta looks so cute in this photo! love it.

Maile said...

I was laughing as I read this post. It's so easy to get caught up in different milestones. I agree that "average" doesn't sound good, but Netta is so adorable that I wouldn't worry about it. :)

And I will totally send something for you to Texas; I just have to figure out what I'm going to make.

Cynthia said...

Since you can't brag that your daughter is high or low on the charts, just brag about how cute she is! She looks adorable in that photo.

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

I cannot believe she is 9 months! Are you kidding me? Where has the time gone. I hope you guys are doing well.