Friday, September 23, 2011

Cousin Sarah is in the House

I am committing myself to catching up on the blog before Christmas and I have a ton of posts and just two weeks to go so I better get crackin. After my trip to Pittsburgh my niece Sarah flew back with us to Texas. It was SO awesome to have help on that flight. The only annoying part was that we weren't on Southwest and it was hard to get seats together, but in the end some nice people made it happen for us. Words cannot express how nice it was to have an older child (12 years old to be exact) in the house to help me out. I seriously need an older child in my life. There were one or two moments when she acted kind of weird and crotchety like a normal preteen but really she was pretty much awesome to have around.
One sweet thing we did was the yearly "dress up like a cow to get free food at Chick-fil-A." I mean who doesn't love free food. My sister Sarah and her husband Casey joined us as well. The kids had a blast although Sarah being that preteen did not want her picture taken and seemed concerned that someone might see her. (Not like she knows anyone here).





We also made a trip to the mall for the opening of the Hello Kitty store. Man that is some overpriced crap, but Netta was in absolute heaven. The best part was that they advertised that there were free activities but once you got in there it turns out to get a balloon and have your face painted cost extra. Oh they always get you. I am normally not a sucker but for how excited Netta was we had to let her do it.





This next pic is not so much an activity but a discovery that we made while Sarah was here. That is that King LOVES pasta and looks great eating it!

Sarah was here for two weeks and when it was time to go we sent her off with a nice karaoke party including Sarah and Casey and their dog Neville.

My kids love to play Lips on the XBOX and King even wanted in on the action.

This is the second time one of my sister's kids have come to visit and I have loved it both times. Good thing she has 5 girls so we can have lots of visitors!


No comments: