Friday, September 23, 2011

Pittsburgh Part 3: 4th of July

We were able to spend 4th of July at my sister Rachel's house and it was awesome. You could see the city fireworks from her back porch, which made life so much easier. EZ hates loud noises so I hadn't planned on actually taking them to see the fireworks, so I was really excited when we realized that we could clearly see the fireworks from her house, but that they were far enough away that they weren't loud. Before the fireworks the kids had a blast playing together. They started out with a slip n slide which was a huge success.

They also did some swimming in a pool that Rachel bought earlier in the week. EZ is so crazy because all week long he refused to get in the pool, but finally today he agreed to get in as long as no one splashed him. (Of course he could splash them all he wanted).
EZ really surprised me when all of a sudden I realized that the girls were dumping buckets of water on his head and he was loving it. I have no idea what came over him. That kid is so crazy sometimes.

While EZ and Netta were having fun with their cousins, King was busy harassing their dog. He followed Chloe around all night long. He has an obsession with dogs and poor Chloe didn't get a minute of peace the whole time we were in Pittsburgh.
After all the water fun we got dried up and grilled up a great dinner.
After dinner we did one of my children's favorite activities, roasting marshmallows! Netta was especially fond of the humongous marshmallows my sister had and who can blame her?!
We flew home 2 days later and I was not ready. Not because I didn't want to fly, but because I just wasn't ready to leave my family. The two weeks went by really fast and the kids were having so much fun with their cousins that I felt guilty leaving. We missed John, but in all honesty I could have stayed another week. Last year, when King was a newborn and I was at my parents' house for 2 weeks without John it got to be miserable, but this time with the kids all older it really was awesome and I was sad to leave. Luckily, my niece Sarah came back to Texas with us , but that is for another post.

No comments: