Friday, September 23, 2011

Pittsburgh Part 2: Kennywood

No trip to Pittsburgh would be complete without a trip to Kennywood. Luckily there was a special deal going on so we could afford to go. Amusements parks will bankrupt you. Anyway, we had such a blast. Netta of course we her usual daring self and was ready to go the minute we got there. I love that all the girls in the picture flocked to the pink motorcycles even though it meant they had to sit by strangers.
I am sure I have said this before, but EZ has really grown up this year and that was evident when he ran right on to every single ride without any hesitation. Last year it literally took hours before he would ride anything and this time he rode it all including the little roller coaster. I can't believe I could get teary-eyed over amusement park rides, but it really does make me so proud.

King started out the day hanging out with Grandma in the stroller because we figured his insane clinginess to me would make it impossible for him to be handed off to one of the employees to ride a ride on his own.


Well man were we wrong. I rode a few rides with him and then he took off and rode a bunch on his own. The boy has no fear just like Netta.

My sister and her kids were there as well and my parents kindly watched my kiddos so I could ride some rides with the adults/older kids. I know I am getting old and having kids has taken it's toll, because we rode my favorite ride, formerly known as "The Enterprise" and it made me a bit nauseous and I almost peed my pants. Despite that it was still a blast and I loved watching my kids have to much fun.

No comments: