Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our First Visitors

About a week an a half ago my sister Katie and her husband Brad came to visit. They were our first out of town visitors and they even beat my parents here, who are coming next week. Very impressive. We wanted to show them a taste of Austin, which means we went out to eat a lot. There is a reason Texas is one of the fattest states. Who can resist the BBQ and greasy Mexican food. We also went downtown to see the ginormous colony of bats that lives under one of the bridges. They take flight every night and there are millions of them. It's cool and gross at the same time. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the bats because of course as soon as we got there someone had to eat. So here is a picture of us after watching the bats. Try to ignore how mad EZ is and the fact that I am breastfeeding. I do that a lot so I am surprised there aren't more pictures of me doing it.

We took EZ to one of those places with all the inflatable toys. I wondered how he would react because he isn't much of a daredevil. Infact some may call him a pansy. Luckily, with the help of Uncle Brad he worked up the courage to try some of the slides.

Eventually though, he ended up playing in the little kid area with some foam cubes and he would have stayed there all day. I guess I just have to remind myself that even though he is taller than most kids a year older than him he is still only 2. I was looking for a picture of him and Katie playing with the cubes and to my astonishment there was a picture with my nursing in the background. So basically while Brad and Katie were here I spent the whole time breastfeeding.

We were so glad they were able to come and we can't wait for more visitors, so come on down. Once they left we got back to our routine of EZ pretending to play the guitar all day. Oh wait, he did that while they were here also. Basically all day he runs around asking for dance songs and saying "You rock!". His favorite dance song is "Slow Ride" by Foghat, which he refers to as "So High," which they probably were while they wrote the song. So whenever he gets to rock out he likes to take whatever he can find that is somewhat guitar like and pretend he is playing it. He recently took it to a whole new level by playing in the nude.

When he isn't running around playing the quitar and decides to put some clothes on he is quite the fasionista. Here is a shot of him wearing my shoes and doing his best vogue pose. (Ok this is driving me crazy. This stupid blogger will not let me left justify this line like all the others. What is up with this thing.)

And last but not least we can't leave out Netta. So here is a picture of her and her daddy showing off her great legs.

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

I love those pictures of EZ, too cute! Earlier this year we finally discovered that we have an inflatable bouncy places too! Bauer loved it so I'm sure we'll be taking advantage of it this winter!

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

I loved the pics! EZ is so hilarious with that guitar. I love the vogue pose. Your place looks really nice, one of these days we'll be coming for a visit:)