Friday, April 18, 2014

Halloween Festivities

 Halloween was a blast this year with a ton of different events. Of course we did some pumpkin decorating. We opt for the Mr. Potato Head type decorations and coloring, since as you can see, the kids are in shorts and carved pumpkins just rot. Here are the kids with their master pieces. 




We went trick or treating in our neighborhood. I find it's best to have small buckets, because then they fill up really fast and the kids think they have a ton. Plus they don't have the stamina to walk around and fill a pillow case. We had a slew of costume changes. This year. For trick or treating EZ was Spiderman. 
 

Netta was a Lalaloopsy doll.


And King was Super Why. Both King and EZ both repeated costumes from years before. Hey if they don't want me to go out and buy new costumes that is fine by me. 


Our Church had a party and I was super excited about our costumes this year. In March there was a major sale online and I was able to get all of us angry bird costumes for dirt cheap. When we arrived at the party, kids were going crazy for our outfits. Unfortunately, the costumes were a bit too big for the kids and John couldn't see past his beak so they didn't last very long. At least the kids can grow into them and we should be able to use them again.


Finally, our friends had an adult Halloween party and this year I really wanted a funny and creative couples costume. I found this "deer in headlights" idea online and I would have to say we caused quite the stir. We were robbed of any of the prizes, but I don' think anyone is going to forget about this costume ;)


No comments: