Friday, April 18, 2014

Fall Sports

Of course the fall means soccer. This was Netta's first year playing. She did pretty well. She wasn't the most aggressive but she usually at least stayed in the vicinity of the ball, so we will call that good for her age. It was crazy trying to juggle both of their game schedules. One Saturday was particularly busy with John and I both running in different directions. After EZ's game I drove him home and when we got in the driveway I realized that I had left Netta at the fields, which are a good 15 minutes from our house. I immediately started crying and floored it back to the fields. In my defense, I had spent all morning running around with just EZ and then we all met up at the fields and John took King and Conrad home and left Netta with me. Not the best excuse, but I promise if I had brought her I would have remembered her. Haha. Anyway, when I got back to the fields she was sitting with the sports director. I was so embarrassed and a little nervous to explain myself to him, because he doesn't have the friendliest look about him, but to my relief he was totally cool about it. He said it happens all the time and he had even left one of his kids behind once. I take this as a sign that we shouldn't have anymore kids since we can't keep track of the ones we have ;)

This was EZ's 3rd year of soccer and he is definitely improving year to year. He still really likes to play defense and goalie. Offense just doesn't go with his personality at all. The whole aggressive thing isn't really his style.


Of course Aunt Sarah, Uncle Casey and Lincoln came to watch one of the games.


This year they installed one of these Ga Ga Ball courts and EZ was in heaven, since he fell in love with it this summer at the family reunion.


Netta has loved her dance class at the rec center, but she also has been talking about doing gymnastics, so this fall we decided to let her try it out. She really liked it and I was honestly impressed with what she was able to do, especially on the balance beam. In her heart though I know she loves to be on stage so I think she will probably end up doing more dance than gymnastics.


They all got a medal at the end and with no other adult there to help me it was impossible to keep Conrad out of the picture ;)


No comments: