Tuesday, May 29, 2012

King's Birthday

I am not one for making cakes for my kids. In fact I have not attempted any kind of cake/cupcakes in 3 years. However, this year I decided I would give it a go again. One: to save money since all these May birthdays are bankrupting us and two: to try and see if I could really do it and be happy with the end result. King is obsessed with the show Team Umizoomi and when I saw a tutorial on how to do a pretty easy looking Bot cake I had to give it a try. Amazingly, it was relatively easy and I am was impressed with myself and how it turned out. I know others could do better, but trust me this is amazing coming from me. 



Since King was turning 2 we decided to keep the celebration pretty simple. We had just my sister Sarah and her husband Casey and 2 other friends over for dinner. Of course we had King's favorite pizza. I need to get a picture next time, but he insists on holding his pizza upside down now matter how you hand it to him. 


I am glad we kept it simple, because King didn't really understand what was going on and at first we couldn't get him to sit down and open his presents. He just wanted to run around and play. So here is Netta opening his first present. 


Finally, we were able to get him to sit down and focus and he went nuts when he saw this Dinosaur Train toy from Sarah. He looks angry because he was really mad that he couldn't get it out of the package. (I also really like the Christmas bag we used to wrap one of the gifts. We are really classy at the Brown house).


Here he is showing off his new dinosaur. He was obsessed with it, but unfortunately he managed to hide it someone that night and we have still yet to find it. 


I wanted to cute picture of him with his cake, but that just didn't happen. Of course I made the mistake again of telling him to look at my nose and he shoved his finger up his. 


Happy Birthday King!

No comments: