Thursday, May 3, 2012

Easter Festivities

As with just about every other holiday, Easter meant lots of different activities. We got to go to 2 egg hunts and of course we hid baskets at home. The first hunt was put on by Netta's preschool. There were a frickin ton of eggs and the kids made out like bandits. Here is Netta with her stash. 

 Here is EZ with his stash doing his goofy smile that he for some reason insists on doing in front of the camera even though he never actually looks like that. 


You may have to click on the picture to see it, but I love this one, because King has clearly already been inhaling his chocolate. 


 I couldn't help but include this one. Between Netta's tongue, King's face and EZ looking like he has to pee, it was just too good not to share. 


 Here is an attempt at a family shot. We really need some professional help. 


The next hunt was put on by our Church, but alas those pictures are on my phone and I am so behind on blogging that I don't have time to mess around with them. So suffice it to say that the kids had a lot of fun. We also dyed eggs, but I don't even know if we took pictures. They are either on John's phone or we didn't get any because we spent the whole time trying to keep King from dumping dye all over. Anyway, on Easter we of course hid baskets for the kids. Growing up we didn't get toys in our basket and I never thought I would give them to my kids, but I keep finding these awesome bargains and I don't want to just give my kids toys all the time so I have to save them for holidays. That being said, they each only get one so I haven't gone too crazy. 




Of course Easter Sunday means wearing your Easter best, which is not super fancy at our house, especially since King had a fever and spent all day in his jammies. But, I think everyone looked cute anyway. 




 So this might not be the greatest group shot of the kids, but at least they look like they really like each other. 


Finally, we have a new Easter tradition that does not exist where I grew up. They sell these confetti filled eggs here that you can supposedly hit each other with and they crack. Unfortunately, I slammed Netta in the head with one that did not crack and kind of hurt her, but once we got past that everyone had a lot of fun. 



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those confetti eggs are fun - too bad you had a defective head smashing one! The kids are getting so big! Miss you!