Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What The Kids Are Up To

As you can see from the above picture Netta is very stylish and we are attempting to introduce potty training. Sadly, it isn't really going anywhere. She has had one successful pee on the potty and that's it. Honestly, I am not as committed as I should be to really make it happen. First, life is too crazy with all the kids to really dedicate the time needed to potty train and second we got new carpet in March and I really don't want her to pee on it.
Also Netta and EZ have started playing really well together. She wants to do whatever he is doing and for the most part he is cool with that. The best thing ever is when I see them walking holding hands. It seriously melts my heart.
EZ is really growing up and apparently paying a lot more attention to my tv shows than I had originally thought. The other day we made a Halloween clearance gingerbread house and after we had finished he said we needed to "move it to the judges table." I like to watch Foodnetwork Challenge on Sundays and I never really thought he was in to it, but I guess he is.

Finally, King had his 6 month check up at the beginning of November. The kid is still a beast weighing 20 lbs and measuring 28.5 inches. That is heavier and taller than EZ was at the same age. The best part is Netta weighed just as much as him at 6 months, but she was 2 inches shorter. Homegirl was fat. In this pic of King you can see how nicely he fills out his car seat. That thing is killer to lug around.

EZ and Netta both love to play with King and he loves it when they do. Right now they especially like to give him some extra bounce in his jumperoo. They both hold on to the straps and pull him up and down. So far he really likes it and they haven't broken it yet, so for now I am just going to enjoy watching my kids having fun together and pray for no accidents.

4 comments:

candice said...

Your kids are soooo cute! Tommy is almost 15 months and STILL in his original "baby" carseat; it is just pathetic and way too heavy to be lugging around everywhere. The truth is, i just haven't made the time or priority to buy a new seat for him. anyways, i know how it is lugging baby + carseat around. Good luck on the potty training; it will happen when Netta is ready. We got new carpet a few months back; the jury is still out on whether or not that was a smart idea. Our other carpet was really nasty, but sadly, this carpet is making its way there. Kids.

Alexis said...

Fun to catch up with you guys... your kids are all so cute. I can't believe what a chubber King is - love it! I am starting potty training with Miles and it is no fun. I really hate doing it and I'm the laziest potty trainer ever. I pretty much wait until they do it themselves :) Good luck!!

Sarah said...

They are all so cute! And all getting so BIG! I'm not really potty training Noel either. We'll see when he shows more interest. Some4times I'll put him on the potty right before bath time and he'll pee, but that's it.

Rylie said...

Oh my goodness! Look how grown up your kids are!!! I can't believe Netta is old enough to be potty trained! Adorable family!