Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oops This Should Have Been Part One

So this is kind of pathetic. First I forgot to write about a bunch of stuff that happened the beginning of December. Then 3 weeks later I finally uploaded the pictures and now a MONTH later I am actually going to finish the post. It's funny that with 3 kids I actually have more to blog about but not time to do it. Anyway our Christmas festivities actually kicked off with a dance show. Netta's dance class and EZ's gymnastics class both got to perform at the Round Rock holiday kick off. For lack of time I will not go into how stressful that night was or the mental break down I had afterward, but let's just say there were tons of people, King was wigging out and we didn't get any video of Netta. On the bright side we did get video of EZ and he actually performed! I was honestly afraid that he would freeze up and refuse to do anything since he is not a big fan of crowds. Just another way that EZ has really grown up these past couple of months. Here they are before the show showing off their somewhat overpriced costumes. (EZ's especially)




Then we had the annual Christmas party at Church. Santa came and everyone, but King was excited to meet him. (John was actually trying to hold King and take the picture of Netta at the same time, which didn't work out so well. But someone else was able to get pics so we now actually have a better one I am just too lazy to upload).



Nothing says Christmas like EZ running around in shorts and a short-sleeved short. Gotta love Texas.


Like I said King was not a fan.



A couple days later EZ had his Christmas party/performance at school. Every time we take EZ to school Netta says she wants to go, so she was so excited to finally get to be there. Here she is hanging out with EZ and his class.


The different age groups got up and performed different songs. EZ did a good job. He wasn't the most animated, but he also didn't turn around and refuse to face the audience so we will call it a success.


I didn't get a picture of it, because I was taking video at the time, but Netta actually went up and stood in line with all the 4 year olds and danced along to all their songs. Afterwards all the teachers kept coming up to me and telling me how brave she is and how she should be in school. Trust me I would have put her in the 2 year old class if we could afford it. I have a feeling it will be a very smooth transition for her in the fall and I am sure I am just as excited about it as she is.

No comments: