Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Neverending Halloween

I kind of forgot that I started this post awhile ago so now I will quickly try and finish it up. Halloween was an 8 day long extravaganza at our house. It started out the Saturday before the Saturday before Halloween with a free event at a shopping complex by our house. They had a free petting zoo and bounce houses along with candy of course. Netta didn't love the petting zoo like I thought she would. She is going through this weird phase were stuff that never bothered her before now scares her. She has started making me pick her up in parking lots if she hears birds and she says "The birds scare me." I have no idea where that is coming from. Anyway, the bounce house was a bigger hit. Here is EZ in his Super Why costume.

The next day my sister Sarah and her husband Casey came over. I think it was actually so Sarah could interview John and I for a class assignment, but it turned into a Halloweenish activity when they decided to make masks. Netta and Casey look especially frightening.

Later that week EZ had a Halloween party at school and while he was there Netta, King and I went to the festival that the city of Round Rock puts on for preschoolers. It was really windy, but really fun. Netta opted to go as a witch and this isn't the best picture, but it was the only one I could get because the wind kept blowing her hat off.


King enjoyed himself as well.



On Friday, our church had it's annual Trunk or Treat party. I love it because it is so much easier to trick or treat in a parking lot with the kids than going door to door. Especially with Netta who loves to run away. The kids busted out some new costumes for this event. King got to wear the Chinese outfit I bought in NYC for EZ for his first Halloween.



EZ opted for a Superman costume this time. Not much difference, except way more muscles.



Netta was a kitty cat. She talked about being this for the last month since my sister Rachel came and bought her a cat mask from Target. Of course I don't think I managed to get a single picture of her with the whole costume on, but at least in this one you can tell she is a cat from her tail.


Saturday Sarah and Casey joined us again for some pumpkin carving. EZ loved his so much that he wouldn't let me put it outside, because he wanted to be able to see it all the time.


Then finally on Hallween we went with Sarah and Casey to UT for their Halloween activity. Basically all the student organizations on campus set up booths at the arena and kids could walk around and play games and get candy. We attempted to get a family picture, but was you can see it didn't turn out very well. We honestly don't have a single good picture of all 5 of us together. In fact that is the only one have at all. Luckily, I won a free photo shoot so hopefully some good family pics are on their way.



No comments: