Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

This year will be the first time we actually spend Christmas in our home with just our little family. I have mixed feelings about this. I am excited to start our own traditions and not have to travel, but I have been spoiled and have been at my home in Pittsburgh every single Christmas up until now. This was also our first Thanksgiving without traveling or having out of towners at our house and it turned out to be awesome, but I am not going to lie it felt a little strange. So, in order to help make our first Brown Family Christmas as exciting as possible I decided to we should start it off as soon as possible (once Thanksgiving was over of course). It was a process to get the tree up. Not that it was actually hard, but let's be honest, my kids make me tired, and I only had the energy to actually put it up one day and then we did the ornaments the next and then we did the house decorations the next and then the outside lights the next and so on and so forth. The tree itself is a little scrawny, but I figure one of the kids is inevitably going to knock it over so at least if it's small it shouldn't kill anyone. So here are some pics of the fam by the tree. We really need a photographer to just hang out at our house so we can actually get everyone together in one photo for stuff like this. (Maybe my camera has a timer, but I really have no idea if it does and probably won't ever remember to figure it out).




3 comments:

Sarah said...

Very nice! We may be spending Christmas alone too. I'm kind of looking forward to it! Miss you!

candice said...

Cute pictures, love the reason behind having a small tree---i might have to take the advice to heart, I could definitely see Tommy pulling down our tree (that is not yet bought). Happy Holidays, and keep the pictures rolling :)

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

We are also spending Christmas by ourselves this year. I am super excited about it! We moved back to Lansing in the same apartment complex. I think of you guys a lot, since you used to live right next door:( Your kiddos sure have gotten big. I love the family picture you have on the side. Miss you guys!