Thursday, December 3, 2009

What The Kids Are Up To

So another month has flown by without me posting. I blame the child in my belly. Anyway, here is what the kids have been up to. EZ has a new found love of computer games. Since he stopped napping, this is a good way for me to keep him occupied while Netta naps, so I can kind of have some quiet time. I am amazed how quickly he has learned to use the computer. He can plug in the wireless mouse, turn on the computer, log on (no password), and open up the internet. All I have to do is type in playhousedisney.com and we are good to go. He is supposed to get off when Netta wakes up but sometimes that doesn't happen right away but luckily Netta is more than happy to just watch him play.

EZ has also been asserting his independence as of late. He is just getting too big for me to force him to do anything, like take a bath. So I have to admit I have caved and actually gotten in the bathtub with him to appease him. In this picture, Netta had just finished her bath while EZ threw a fit the whole time so I told him we could put on our bathing suits and I would get in with him. That did the trick and of course Netta couldn't be left out so she had to get back in. Sometimes I think maybe I don't do enough for my kids and then during times like these I think they are so spoiled.

Now I have been trying to assert some independence for Netta so I relax a bit more. She is getting great about feeding herself and can handle just about any meal. Yogurt has been one of the things we are working on and here is a pic of her trying to feed herself some runny yogurt, before I switched to a more custard-like type. As you can tell it went really well. I tried to do the right thing by giving her the organic Yo Baby stuff, but it is like water, so for self feeding it is back to good old Dora yogurt.

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Bauer's totally into the computer right now too and loves the PBS Kids website. We just put it in the favorites so he can do it all on his own!

Love that picture of you in the tub with them! Stuff like that are the "fun mom" moments that I wish I did more of!

Maile said...

Love the picture of you in the tub - the things we do for our kids!! I just read a really interesting parenting book from the 60s called "Children: The Challenge" by Rudolf Dreikurs. I didn't agree with everything, and some of the examples were pretty amusing and dated like the mom who left her two kids in the car while she went grocery shopping so she could just shop alone (Yeah, right! As much as I'd love to shop alone...Peter pointed out that if I tried that, I'd be shopping alone for a long time.). Anyway, a really interesting thing he talked about is how we can't force kids to do anything and they know it, so we have to work towards winning their cooperation. I recommend the book as an interesting read. I do feel like things have gone a little smoother around her since reading it.